Scallop Ceviche by Roy Brett of Ondine, Edinburgh
Classic ceviche recipe
By November 24, 2012Published:
When working with shellfish as good as The Ethical Shellfish Company's scallops, you really don’t have to do too much to create a dish that is fitting to such a fine creature.
- 4 medium dive caught scallops Cleaned, with the roe kept for soup
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons peppery olive oil Planetta is very good
- sprinkle of sea salt and twist of pepper
- Slice each scallop into three rounds & place back into their shells
- Mix together the oil, chilli, lime juice and seasoning
- Dress over the scallops and allow them to sit for 20 minutes before serving
- Place each shell on a little pile of salt on each plate
- Garnish with coriander to serve.