David Monaghan’s seared scallops with chorizo and butternut and caraway seed puree
By July 29, 2012Published:
- 12 scallops
- 1/2 Pint vegetable stock
- 1 Large shallot
- 12 Slices chorizo
- 1/4 Pint double cream
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 Large pinch caraway seed
- Peel, dice and de-seed the butternut squash. Peel and chop the shallot. Add butter to saucepan. Add shallots and sweat off. Add butternut squash and caraway seed. Add vegetable stock. Cook slowly until soft. Add cream. Season. Push mixture through a sieve and keep warm.
- Grill 12 slices of chorizo. Keep warm.
- Heat frying pan to high temperature with very little oil. Season scallops and place in pan for 30 seconds, then turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat. Add a knob of butter and shake the pan until butter is melted. Immediately pour contents on to separate dish (do not allow butter to burn).
- Lay a spoonful of puree of centre of plate and pull spoon through to create a teardrop effect.
- On the other side of the plate, alternate the scallops and chorizon in a row.
- Garnish with micro cress and serve immediately.